LOVE ANIMALS? LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING A PLACE TO LIVE WITH ALL UTILITIES PAID?
We strive to make the best environment for our animals. They come first. We hire various positions for different areas of animal care. Below you will find descriptions of each position and the rules that go along with them.
MANAGERIAL DUTIES AND OTHER RESPONSIBILITIES
You are a park Manager and this is not an office job, your crew must gain your respect by doing what you expect them to do. Below is a guidline to follow but keep in mind you are working with animals so you will have many days that something comes up that you must take care of out side the guidelines.
- 7:30 am - a complete walk through of the park is made, you will check for sick, dead, new born animals, making sure everyone is safely in their compound where they belong before allowing unarmed staff or customers in the park. You observe areas that need the most attention. Then you unlock the park
- Next you will lock down the primates, either inside or outside the primate house.
- 8:45 am - Staff meeting. everyone is to be on time. Set out the course of every crew's day and what needs to be done. You assign who does morning watering before crews get started. You the manager are head of the big cat section in the back side of the park. This is your area, and should be the best looking area of the park. Setting an example is the best way. During this time you will be called to secure the primates in or out before anyone is allowed to shift them. After your crew is done in your area, it is time to build, fix, ect. Your crew may be assigned to another crew in order to help them get done on time.
- During the day you will need to make a couple of walk throughs to make sure animals are being watered 4 times per day and cages are being cleaned right. People are in their areas and things are being picked up behind the crews.
- When produce arrives daily, all crews secure their areas and produce is sorted and put away, right away. The only exception is if they are in the primate house, this area can not be left half done because water for drinking is only inside the house.
- After all crews are done than you do the managers walk, and things you find wrong are fixed before anything else is done. Then extra things can be done. But when one crew finishes before another they are moved to help finish the crew who is behind.
Employment | Primate Care & Big Cat Internship | Managerial Duties | Other Responsibilities