LOVE ANIMALS? LIKE THE IDEA OF HAVING A PLACE TO LIVE WITH ALL UTILITIES PAID?
- All gates and barriers are to be closed at all times including the back gate and medical building.
- Crews are responsible for their equipment. If you break it, you buy it. Before they can get anything new, they must provide the broken one to buy out of the park store.
- Quality Pet orders are filled out on Sunday nights. Stillwater Milling orders are to be filled out on Thursday nights. Supplying the Commissary is to be done on Saturday nights.
- Mowers and carts are to have oil checked and gassed up before the start of each day.
- All crews are responsible for weed eating and raking around the entire exhibits.
- When it is very hot, the animals cages, trees, bamboo needs to be hosed down 2 to 3 times per day to cool the area.
- Anytime the weather is below 45 degrees, the primates, birds, kangaroos, and warm climate animals are to be locked inside.
- Any illness, death, birth, vet care or repairs must be documented in the proper books.
- No one is to be in the office, or hanging around the gift shop.
- Anything taken out of the store must have a purchase order done.
- At the end of the day which is no earlier than 7pm, a complete walk through is done to insure cages are secure, gates are locked, lights are off, animals have water, etc.
- No one is to stick fingers, hands, etc., through a cage.
- Colored shirts are warn for a reason, this tells you what area they are allowed in.
- All cages are to be:
- Fully raked
- Water bowls scrubbed in and out.
- Housing cleaned in and out.
- Weed eating done.
- Any holes filled with gravel.
- Houses that have gravel in them needs to be above ground level so water does not run in the house.
- Bird poop on cage rails washed off.
- Cages checked for repairs and enrichment.
- Treated for flies daily.
- Rat poison placed out every Monday.
- The meat freezer and commissary are to be highly inspected daily; the floors, refrigerators, and counters. There are to be no open bags or containers allowed - NO MATTER WHAT.
- Tuesday is meat day. Everyone should be done with their chores by 1pm when the meat truck comes in, no one gets out of this duty. Meat is bagged and vitamins put on them, you must have 23 barrels with 30 bags in each barrel. Pay very close attention to your crews and what they feed, no cat food or dog food is to be used with food coloring in it, the feeding protocol is written down. And thin cats have a double feed policy.
- Crews will be responsible for decorating their exhibits and landscaping around them.
- DO NOT LET PEOPLE TELL YOU RUMORS. With everyone living on the park, drama will wear you out more than anything. The park is run with one priority: the ANIMALS. If there is a problem and it has to do with the care of the animals, talk to me immediately. If it has something to do with a fellow staff member, bring them to me and then talk to me. If you don't have enough guts to talk to me in front of them, stay away from me. If it is about someone off the park, keep it away from me. If they say this is how you do it, other than the way it is in written protocol, show them the book. Any time I change something, it will be in writing, in the book. Once you tell them to shut up, that you don't want to hear their drama, trust me they wont bring it to you.
- We will not tolerate anyone changing policy, or playing stupid about a policy, there are training books in the office that have written policy and feeding protocol in them. Policy violations by employees are to be written up, after being written up three (3) times, they are to be fired. Safety policies have no warnings, ONE STRIKE IS ALL YOU GET. At no time are fraid ropes, blankets, wires, or anything allowed in a cage that could cause the potential of an animal hanging itself or getting caught in something.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO APPLY FOR A POSITION WITH THE GAROLD WAYNE INTERACTIVE ZOOLOGICAL PARK, PLEASE EMAIL US HERE WITH YOUR NAME, CONTACT INFORMATION, YOUR PICTURE, A LITTLE ABOUT YOURSELF AND A COPY OF YOUR RESUME.
Employment | Primate Care & Big Cat Internship | Managerial Duties | Other Responsibilities